Non-prescription glasses, also known as “fake glasses” or “fashion glasses,” are glasses that do not have any corrective lenses and are worn for fashion or practical purposes. In recent years, non-prescription glasses have become increasingly popular as a stylish accessory and a way to protect the eyes from harmful UV rays and blue light. This blog will explore the different types of non-prescription glasses available, the benefits they offer, and how to choose the right pair for you.
Types of Non-Prescription Glasses
- Clear glasses: Clear glasses, also known as “fake glasses,” are without corrective lenses and are worn purely for fashion. They can be made of different materials, such as plastic, metal, or acetate, and come in various styles and designs. Clear glasses can be a great way to add a fashionable touch to any outfit without compromising eye protection.
- Tinted glasses: Tinted glasses come in various colours and shades, from subtle to bold. They can be worn for both fashion and practical purposes, as they offer some level of glare reduction and can be useful in bright sunlight. The popular types of tints are brown, grey, yellow, green, and pink.
- Photochromic glasses: Photochromic glasses, also known as “transition glasses,” change colour depending on the amount of light they are exposed to. They can be clear indoors and darken automatically when exposed to sunlight. These glasses are great for constantly moving between indoor and outdoor environments, as they can provide consistent eye protection.
- Computer glasses: Computer glasses, also known as “blue light glasses,” have lenses that block or filter blue light emitted from digital devices such as computers, smartphones, and tablets. These glasses can help reduce eye strain, fatigue, and headaches caused by prolonged screen time.
Benefits of Non-Prescription Glasses
- Protection for the eyes: Non-prescription glasses offer protection for the eyes from harmful UV rays and blue light. This be is important as some experts believe that prolonged exposure to UV rays can lead to cataracts, macular degeneration, and other eye problems.
- Reduce eye strain and fatigue: Non-prescription glasses can also help reduce eye strain and fatigue caused by prolonged screen time or bright sunlight. This is especially important for people who spend a lot of time on digital devices or work outside. However, these have to be specailised lenses with power-boosting and eye-relaxing or anti-fatigue technology to releive strain caused by prologned near work like working on digital devices.
- Stylish and fashionable accessory: Non-prescription glasses can be a stylish accessory that can compliment any outfit. They come in a wide range of styles, designs, and colours, making it easy to find a pair that suits your style.
- Convenience and flexibility: Non-prescription glasses can be worn without a prescription, making them a convenient and flexible option for people who do not need corrective lenses but still want to protect their eyes or accessorise.
Choosing the Right Pair of Non-Prescription Glasses
- Face shape: Your face can help determine the best style of glasses for you. For example, if you have a round face, choose square or rectangular frames to add angles to your face.
- Style: Consider your style when choosing non-prescription glasses. Do you prefer a classic, vintage, or modern look?
- Intended use: Consider the intended use of the glasses. Blue light glasses will be the best choice if you want glasses to wear while working on the computer. Suppose you are looking for glasses to wear while driving; yellow or brown-tinted glasses would be more suitable.
- Fit and comfort: Make sure to try on several pairs of glasses to find the ones that fit and feel comfortable on your face. The frames should fit securely and not slip or slide down your nose. The temples or arms of the glasses should also rest comfortably on your ears without causing any discomfort.
How to Care for Your Non-Prescription Eyewear
Taking care of your non-prescription eyewear is essential to ensure that they last longer and remain in the best condition. Therefore, it is important to clean and store them properly and protect them from damage. This article will discuss tips that can help you take better care of your non-prescription eyewear. From cleaning techniques to storage solutions, we will cover it all so that you can keep your glasses looking their best for years to come.
- Use a microfiber cloth: A microfiber cloth is gentle on lenses and can effectively clean away dirt and smudges. Keep one in your eyeglasses cleaning kit at all times.
- Use a cleaning solution: If your lenses are especially dirty or smudged, use a cleaning solution specifically designed for eyeglasses. Apply a small amount to your microfiber cloth and gently wipe the lenses.
- Dry your lenses: After cleaning your lenses, dry them thoroughly with a clean microfiber cloth. Any remaining moisture can cause streaks or smudges.
- Store your eyeglasses properly: Keep them in a hard case when not in use to protect them from scratches or damage.
- Avoid harsh chemicals: Avoid using cleaning products such as Windex or household cleaners on your eyeglasses, as they can damage the lenses.
- Regularly check for loose screws or damage: Check your eyeglasses regularly for loose screws or any other signs of damage. Have them repaired as needed to ensure they are functioning properly.
- Never wipe your spectacle lenses dry: Either dip the spectacles in a mug of water or keep the lenses under running water before wiping the lenses. This will reduce the occurance of scratches on any spectacle or eyewear lenses.
- Never leave the spectacles or eyewear in places like car dashboards where heat can accumulate.
- Never leave your spectacles facing downwards otherwise the lenses will get scratched easily.
What is the Best Place to Buy Quality Non-Prescriptions Glasses?
The best place to buy quality non-prescription glasses is at a reputable optical store or optician. Look for a store that offers a wide selection of frames and lenses made from high-quality materials and built to last. It’s also important to choose a store with knowledgeable staff who can help you find the perfect pair of glasses to suit your needs and preferences.
If you’re searching for a new pair of non-prescription glasses, visit R Kumar Opticians today! You will be satisfied with the quality, selection, and customer service you’ll receive.
In conclusion, non-prescription glasses are versatile and fashionable accessories that can protect the eyes, reduce eye strain and fatigue, and compliment any outfit. They come in various types, such as clear, tinted, photochromic, and computer glasses, each with unique features and benefits. Choosing the right pair of non-prescription glasses can be fun and easy if you keep your face shape, personal style, intended use, and comfort in mind. Remember that non-prescription glasses can be a great addition to your wardrobe, so don’t experiment with different styles and designs to find the perfect pair.